Thursday, November 10, 2011

Working Overtime

This weekend is a long weekend in Canada, as Friday, November 11th is Remembrance Day. But, unfortunately/fortunately I have to work tomorrow. Not for the whole day, but for a few hours in the afternoon. This may sound like a bad thing, but it's actually really great!

I work in a union job, so I get paid for the day anyway, plus I get paid double time for any hours I work. So if I work 3 hours, I get paid for 6, on top of being paid for the day to begin with! And that's not all... I also get another day off in lieu of having to work on the national holiday. It's a very nice situation! I get paid more, get a day off anyway and I still get to sleep in!

It's also a great project that I'm working on, so it'll be semi-fun. Still work and stressful, because it's an important project, but fun.

I figure I'll make an extra $125-$150 for those few hours after taxes. This extra money is going to go towards Christmas shopping, so it's perfect timing!

No comments:

Post a Comment