Thursday, February 28, 2013

March Goals

Wow! I can't believe tomorrow is March. I am excited for spring to get here, and eventually summer, as I'm sick of the cold weather. 

Here's how I did on my February goals:
  • Lose another 5 lbs. PASS! I had a few hurdles this month - I hurt my foot early on in February and couldn't do much work out-wise, and I had a few too many cheat days, so I only lost 1-2 lbs. My foot is slowly getting better though and I'm feeling more motivated now, so I think next month will be better. I'm just happy I didn't gain considering what a crappy month it was.
  • Put $500 towards our foundation savings goal. DONE! Thanks to my overtime at work from last month, we put aside $850.
  • Put real pictures in our standing picture frame. DONE! It looks really nice with photos of Husband and I, some trip pics and a couple of our fur babies! 
  • Complete one freelance interview (and article, depending on when the interview falls). PASS! Unfortunately I wasn't able to get any interviews/articles completed, but not for lack of trying. I called and emailed each person several times, but got nowhere. But, I did get two posters done for a friend's new business and I got another quick freelance project that I completed this week, so I'm considering this a pass as I did complete some freelance.
  • Study French. PASS! I've been studying somewhat - not as much as I would have liked to though. I'm trying to watch some beginning French videos and Husband is helping with my vocab. Slow and steady, right? 
  • Install new light in our master bedroom. DONE! It's so nice to actually have light in our room! 
  • Get taxes done! DONE! I dropped off all my tax stuff a couple weeks ago, but I needed one more document from the university. They finally put it online today (talk about last minute), so I quickly sent that in. They said it should be done this afternoon as they were able to get most of it done before the last document was received. Once my taxes are done, Husband can do his.
All in all, not too bad. I really have to work on the weight loss though.
March Goals:
  • Lose 5 lbs. Any tips for increasing motivation? I'm feeling much more motivated than last month, but I think I still need a kick in the pants!
  • Put $500 towards our foundation savings goal. I'd like to put aside even more, depending on what we get back in income taxes, but this is the minimum.
  • Complete two freelance interviews (and articles, depending on when the interview falls). I have to complete three articles for mid-April, so the harassing phone calls/emails is going to increase until these people get back to me.
  • Buy new runners. My current runners are quite old and while I don't think this caused my foot injury, it's definitely not helping. I'm going to use some of my freelance income to buy new ones. I'd like to keep the cost under $150 (plus tax). 
  • Install new shower head. The one that came with our house has decided to start leaking, so this must be done asap. Luckily our hydro company sent us a "power smart" box of goodies for free, which includes a new, low-flow shower head. We'll be sad to see the old one go, as it's quite nice and looks better, but it has to be done.
  • Complete Husband's taxes. Husband can't do his until mine are complete (I typically use all of our deductions, but every year we get my taxes done first to make sure it actually makes sense for me to claim them and not him. It always does, but just in case...).
  • Buy and install new kitchen faucet. I detest the one that came with the house. It's just ugly and doesn't match the rest of the kitchen, so this change is purely a want and not a need. We found a faucet that we both like already, but the cost is quite high (about $180 after taxes). So the money will come from our planned spending budget ($100), and my freelance income will cover the rest. I'm hoping to dig up a Home Depot coupon though to get the price down!

No comments:

Post a Comment